UpdatedMonday August 24, 2020 byAdministrator ETFL.
**For the best way to review ETFL COVID-19 Protocol please dowload attached PDF**
EASTERN TOUCH FOOTBALL LEAGUE – COVID 19 PROTOCOL
- To allow our members a safe environment to play while reducing the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19
- A COVID-19 screening station and attendant (volunteer) will be set up each game day to provide the following
- Thermometer for daily temperature checks – people who register a temperature above 37⁰C (100⁰F) will not be admitted access to the field area
- Sanitization for disinfecting hands and equipment
- Daily COVID-19 screening questionnaire (mandatory for all people entering the field)
- Daily attendance records
- Non-medical face masks upon request for people who are unable to provide their own
- Daily screening is mandatory for all players, league personnel or team personnel before entering the designated field area
- Individuals who leave the field area must be re-screened before returning to the field
- Individuals who do not satisfy the screening requirements will not be admitted to the field area
- The screening questionnaire includes the following questions which shall be answered YES or NO. Only people who can answer ‘NO’ to all the questions may be allowed access to the field. Those who answer YES will be encouraged to visit Durham Public Health Dept
- Have you been in contact with anyone known to have contracted COVID-19?
- Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 over the past 14 days?
- Have you travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days?
- All players must enter the field site through our controlled access area where the screening station will be set up
- Attendance will be taken for each person entering or leaving the field/facility
- A recommended maximum of 50 (never to exceed 100) people to be present at the field at any given time. Players whose games have completed will be encouraged not to linger within the field area for more than 15 minutes after their scheduled game
- Non-members will be encouraged to remain a safe distance away from the field area at all times
- All players will be encouraged to remain a minimum distance of 6 ft apart as per Health Canada guidelines
- Signage will be posted as a physical distancing reminder to players on the sidelines
- Distancing markers shall be laid out along the field where lineups of people may occur
- Where physical distancing is not possible the use of face coverings will be mandatory
REDUCING THE SPREAD
- All players are to observe and follow these guidelines while on the field
- DO NOT SHARE PERSONAL EQUIPMENT OR DRINKING CONTAINERS UNLESS PROPERLY SANITIZED
- AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE, EYES OR MOUTH WITH YOUR HANDS
- AVOID PHYSCIAL CONTACT OTHER THAN NECCESARY TO PLAY THE GAME
- CELEBRATORY GESTURES INVOLVING HAND OR BODY CONTACT ARE DISCOURAGED
- AVOID SPITTING UNNECCESARILY OR AROUND OTHERS WHILE ON OR AROUND THE FIELD
- KINDLY REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED GAME, AND EXIT NO LATER THAN 15 MINUTES AFTER YOUR GAME. THIS WILL HELP LIMIT EXPOSURE FOR ALL PEOPLE ATTENDING THE FIELD
- USE PROVIDED SANITIZATION STATIONS TO DISINFECT HANDS AND PERSONAL EQUIPMENT FREQUENTLY
- OUR REFEREES ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS OR NON-MEDICAL MASKS AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE FIELD
- ALL MEMBERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND ACKNOWLEDGE COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND EFFORTS TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND KEEP EVERYONE SAFE!
PHYSICAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
AVOID CLOSE CONTACT
SYMPTOMS RELATED TO COVID-19
Most common symptoms:
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement
Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.
People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home.
On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days
EASTERN TOUCH FOOTBALL LEAGUE
COVID-19 LIABILTY WAIVER
DATE OF BIRTH _______________________________________
PHONE NO. _______________________________________
CAREFULLY READ THE BELOW STATEMENTS BEFORE SIGNING YOUR AGREEMENT BELOW. THIS IS A ONE-TIME DOCUMENT WHICH MUST BE SIGNED AND ACKOWLEGED PRIOR TO TAKING PART IN ANY EVENT ORGANIZED OR SANCTIONED BY THE EASTERN TOUCH FOOTBALL LEAGUE WITHIN THE MUNICIPALITY OF CLARINGTON.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE THE POTENTIAL RISK OF CONTRACTING COVID-19 WHILE PLAYING TOUCH FOOTBALL
- I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF A ‘HIGH-RISK’ INDIVIDUAL IN REGARD TO THE POTENTIAL COVID-19 RELATED HEALTH HAZARDS
- I AM AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND THE EASTERN TOUCH FOOTBALL LEAGUE COVID-19 PROTOCOL, AND WILL ABIDE THE GUIDELINES AT ALL TIMES DURING ANY LEAGUE EVENT
- I AM SATISFIED THAT THE EASTERN TOUCH FOOTBALL LEAGUE COVID-19 PROTOCOL IS SUFFICIENT TO KEEP ME SAFE AND MINIMIZE MY POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- I RELEASE THE EASTERN TOUCH FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND/OR THE MUNICIPALITY OF CLARINGTON FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILTY CONCERNING COVID-19 OR RELATED HEALTH ISSUES
By signing below, I accept and acknowledge the above statements to be true.
Signature: _________________________________ Date: ___________